Subject: 24.0.50; tool-bar-style

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 00:02:42 +0200

My latest update includes the new feature of configuring the tool bar to
display text via the tool-bar-style variable, with the default value
nil, meaning system default.  My desktop is KDE with the gtk-qt engine
for GTK+ applications.  When I start Emacs with -Q, the tool bar over
the *scratch* buffer has text below the icons, but as soon as I do any
input event (cursor movement, mouse click, etc.), the text disappears.
When I start Emacs with -q, when the tool bar appears in the frame there
is text below the icons, but the text vanishes within a fraction of a
second (before any input event from me).

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.6)
 of 2010-05-07 on escher
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10605000
configured using `configure  '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t