Subject: bug#61374: 30.0.50; Wrong mark-sexp with tree-sitter

From: Ergus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2023 01:19:52 +0100

Hi:

Just trying tree-sitter with c++-mode is doing a wrong mark-sexp.

With this code:

{
  vector<int> myvar;
}

M-x c++-ts-mode

go to { and do C-M-SPC. The region marked goes from { up to > instead of
the corresponding }

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 7, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.36, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2023-02-09 built on Ergus
Repository revision: 680bc20553ebf01375ab7957b6f0be066335fd6e
Repository branch: master
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/ergo/.local/ --with-mailutils --with-json
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-modules --with-cairo
 --with-harfbuzz --with-native-compilation
 '--program-transform-name=s/^ctags$/ctags.emacs/''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C++

Minor modes in effect:
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  diff-hl-margin-local-mode: t
  diff-hl-margin-mode: t
  diff-hl-mode: t
  gtags-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  xclip-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/mnt/casa/gits/emacs_clones/gtags-mode/gtags-mode hides /home/ergo/.config/emacs/elpa/gtags-mode-1.0/gtags-mode
/home/ergo/.config/emacs/elpa/transient-20230201.1644/transient hides /home/ergo/.local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr shortdoc help-fns radix-tree emacsbug message
mailcap yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils c-ts-mode
c-ts-common treesit dabbrev cape-keyword autorevert filenotify ffap
thingatpt url-parse auth-source password-cache url-vars elec-pair
flyspell-correct flyspell ispell company-semantic company-template
company-capf company-c-headers company flycheck ansi-color json map
find-func dash pcase diff-hl-margin diff-hl-dired dired-x dired
dired-loaddefs diff-hl log-view pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher
diff-mode cape compat comp comp-cstr warnings icons rx gtags-mode subr-x
files-x xref project modern-cpp-font-lock cap-words superword subword
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs term/tmux term/xterm xterm init repeat xt-mouse xclip
edmacro kmacro use-package-bind-key bind-key simple-16-theme winner ring
saveplace delsel savehist easy-mmode display-fill-column-indicator
display-line-numbers diminish which-key cl-extra help-mode
use-package-diminish use-package-core disp-table info
dumb-jump-autoloads highlight-indent-guides-autoloads
company-lua-autoloads yasnippet-snippets-autoloads vundo-autoloads
sudo-edit-autoloads cuda-mode-autoloads nginx-mode-autoloads
crdt-autoloads company-auctex-autoloads groovy-mode-autoloads
flycheck-rust-autoloads evil-collection-autoloads annalist-autoloads
evil-autoloads goto-chg-autoloads string-inflection-autoloads
company-c-headers-autoloads protobuf-mode-autoloads lice-autoloads
lorem-ipsum-autoloads julia-mode-autoloads nasm-mode-autoloads
deadgrep-autoloads popup-autoloads company-nginx-autoloads
d-mode-autoloads i3wm-config-mode-autoloads tree-sitter-langs-autoloads
tree-sitter-autoloads tsc-autoloads ssh-config-mode-autoloads
move-dup-autoloads clang-format-autoloads esup-autoloads
dired-sidebar-autoloads gnuplot-autoloads web-completion-data-autoloads
phi-search-autoloads better-shell-autoloads fancy-compilation-autoloads
arduino-cli-mode-autoloads flycheck-julia-autoloads auctex-autoloads
tex-site which-key-autoloads multiple-cursors-autoloads
ibuffer-sidebar-autoloads dired-subtree-autoloads
dired-hacks-utils-autoloads systemd-autoloads pkgbuild-mode-autoloads
neotree-autoloads modern-cpp-font-lock-autoloads
company-reftex-autoloads magit-autoloads git-modes-autoloads
google-c-style-autoloads flymake-nasm-autoloads request-autoloads
caml-autoloads arduino-mode-autoloads ede/auto eieio-base cl-seq eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile eieio-core cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
sphinx-mode-autoloads f-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
diff-hl-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads gtags-mode-autoloads
mutt-mode-autoloads xclip-autoloads diminish-autoloads
imenu-list-autoloads paradox-autoloads spinner-autoloads
avy-zap-autoloads nftables-mode-autoloads s-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads
ibuffer-vc-autoloads objed-autoloads iedit-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads languagetool-autoloads vterm-toggle-autoloads
vterm-autoloads avy-autoloads git-timemachine-autoloads emamux-autoloads
flymake-quickdef-autoloads ibuffer-project-autoloads
haskell-mode-autoloads shell-command+-autoloads notmuch-autoloads
e2ansi-autoloads face-explorer-autoloads flycheck-autoloads
pkg-info-autoloads flx-autoloads opencl-mode-autoloads company-autoloads
ptemplate-templates-autoloads ptemplate-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads
ibuffer-tramp-autoloads debbugs-autoloads cobol-mode-autoloads
slime-autoloads cape-autoloads macrostep-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads transient-autoloads compat-autoloads
flyspell-correct-autoloads dash-autoloads epl-autoloads vdiff-autoloads
hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads early-init rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 263724 9342)
 (symbols 48 17832 0)
 (strings 32 69077 6563)
 (string-bytes 1 2462231)
 (vectors 16 34202)
 (vector-slots 8 551420 13126)
 (floats 8 181 1366)
 (intervals 56 1110 0)
 (buffers 984 14))