Subject: bug#61351: 29.0.60; emacs 29 crashes when treesit-load-name-override-list is set

From: dan orzechowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 13:45:13 -0500

1. emacs -Q
2. `(setq treesit-load-name-override-list '((tsx "libtree-sitter-tsx"
"tree_sitter_typescript")))`
3. `(tsx-ts-mode)`

this also crashes for me:

1. emacs -Q
2. `(setq treesit-load-name-override-list '((typescript
"libtree-sitter-typescript" "tree_sitter_typescript")))`
3. `(typescript-ts-mode)`

which is surprising since this does not crash for me:

1. emacs -Q
2. `(typescript-ts-mode)`

(it gives me a warning that the TSX language grammar is unavailable,
which I would expect.  but I am able to activate typescript-ts-mode and
see the correct indentation and syntax highlighting.)

I have libtree-sitter-tsx.so and libtree-sitter-typescript.so in
~/emacs.d/tree-sitter , both of which were created via
`treesit-install-language-grammar` in case that matters.  I believe the
entrypoint for both
libraries is `tree_sitter_typescript` but please correct me if I'm mistaken
(FWIW opening a shell and running those .so files through `strings` does
give that as a result).

emacs was built in a container using this Dockerfile and these commands:
https://github.com/orzechowskid/emacs-docker/blob/main/src/Dockerfile
https://github.com/orzechowskid/emacs-docker/blob/main/src/build-emacs.sh

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-02-07 built on buildkitsandbox
Repository revision: 746748f5c283b98a221571e725833affe304a748
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2
XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: nil

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr cl-print byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
treesit cl-seq thingatpt help-fns radix-tree help-mode emacsbug message
mailcap yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 53605 19942)
 (symbols 48 6189 0)
 (strings 32 18850 1951)
 (string-bytes 1 509089)
 (vectors 16 11856)
 (vector-slots 8 172857 17236)
 (floats 8 31 50)
 (intervals 56 352 0)
 (buffers 984 12))