Subject: bug#61350: Eglot over Tramp freezes with large project

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2023 16:53:08 +0200

Ruijie Yu <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,

>> tramp-accept-process-output is not a public function, it could change
>> internally in an incompatible way.
>
> I'm confused -- I don't see "private" in its name (no double dash), nor
> did its docstring say anything about it.  If this function is in fact
> private, is there any documentation on this topic?

The interface to be used for Tramp are the functions described in the
Elisp manual at (info "(elisp) Magic File Names")

All Tramp functions should be regarded as internal, except some very few
commands described the Tramp manual. In (info "(tramp) External packages")
there is

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
8.2 Integrating with external Lisp packages
===========================================

In general, it is not recommended to use TRAMP functions and variables
not described in this manual.  They might change their signature
and/or semantics without any announcement.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Best regards, Michael.