Subject: Re: bug#61350: Eglot over Tramp freezes with large project

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 12:01:46 +0100

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi João & Thomas,

>>> Anyway, I've removed the TIMEOUT argument from t-a-p-o (defaulting it to
>>> 0 now), and I've started the Tramp regression test campaign. It takes 2
>>> or 3 days usually, so let's see what's the outcome.
>>
>> OK, sounds reasonable.  We're definitely in a better place now that the
>> problem is understood.  After you push the patch, are you also going to
>> bump the Tramp version?
>
> Yes, this patch is also marked for the next Tramp release on GNU
> ELPA. This will be Tramp 2.6.0.3, roughly scheduled for end of March.
>
> FTR, the regression tests have shown problems with older Emacsen, Emacs
> 26 and 27, to say. So I need to fix this somehow, before the regression
> tests will continue.
>
> To tell the truth, the regression tests use the upcoming 2.6.0.3
> version. Once everything is OK, it will be merged into the Emacs master
> branch.

Regression tests are finished, and there were indeed some minor
annoyances I had to fix. I have pushed everything to Emacs master
branch. If you like, you could test it with eglot.el w/o the Tramp fix.

As said, release of Tramp 2.6.0.3 on GNU ELPA will follow end of
March. This gives us also the time to see whether there are collateral
damages, reported by somebody. Until then I guess the bug might still be
open.

>> João

Best regards, Michael.