Subject: bug#61350: Eglot over Tramp freezes with large project

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 13:27:21 +0100

Thomas Koch <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Thomas,

> I'm sorry, I didn't test your patch yet. I didn't have the focus time
> to do so.

No problem. Whatever we change, it won't go into the emacs-29 branch, so
we have plenty of time.

> But mainly it does not look good to me.
>
> Even if our tests would indicate no problem, we couldn't possibly test
> for all side effects to all elisp code that works with processes. For
> me the conservative approach is to remove the JUST-THIS-ONE argument.

I believe my patch is more conservative (as João has said as well). It
changes the behavior ONLY for processes created by Tramp's
make-process. If we would remove the JUST-THIS-ONE argument, it would
change the behavior of ANY process, even for processes out of Tramp
control.

> Thanks, Thomas

Best regards, Michael.