Subject: bug#6135: closed (Re: bug#6135: font lock is not turned on in js-mode anymore)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 20:56:02 +0000

Your bug report

#6135: font lock is not turned on in js-mode anymore

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
6135: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6135
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#6135: font lock is not turned on in js-mode anymore
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 16:55:42 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> I've installed a change in emacs-23 which seems to fix this problem.

Works for me, thanks.

Subject: font lock is not turned on in js-mode anymore
From: Paul Pogonyshev <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 18:22:06 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Since a few days, opening a .js file (js-mode) doesn't turn buffer
fontification on, despite `global-font-lock-mode' being t.  Directly
invoking `M-x font-lock-mode' in this new buffer does bring syntax
highlight back, so it's not like "fontification does not work" it is
"fontification is not turned on".

Paul