Subject: bug#61346: closed (Re: bug#61346: 29.0.60; archive misbehaviors)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2023 14:52:03 +0000

Your bug report

#61346: 29.0.60; archive misbehaviors

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
61346: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=61346
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#61346: 29.0.60; archive misbehaviors
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Ruijie Yu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2023 16:51:26 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

tags 61346 unreproducible
thanks

> From: Ruijie Yu <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2023 21:42:57 +0800
> 
> 
> I do not know why, but after I came back from a meal and actually did
> "git pull master" instead of "git fetch" to get the latest changes, I no
> longer see these issues either -- it is quite strange, and I do not know
> of any difference in my system.  I wasn't able to reproduce this issue
> even in the old worktree in which I originally discovered the issue.
> 
> I think at least at the moment this bug can be closed, and I will keep
> it in the back of my mind and report back when I face it again.

Ok, closing.

Subject: 29.0.60; archive misbehaviors
From: Ruijie Yu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2023 18:32:23 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

CC: Ruijie Yu <[email-masked]>

Hello, somewhere in the master branch has the following misbehaviors on
archives -- at least on zip variant.

$ touch 1 2 && zip z 1 2 && mv z.zip z
$ emacs -Q z

Observe the following behaviors:

1. Point initially is at the filename "1", and moves forward 1 character
(after "1") after a short (around 200 - 500 ms) delay.

2. After (1), while holding either control key, point moves to BOL after
summary line (line 7 col 1); echo area displays "Mark set" until the key
is released.

3. After (1), while holding either shift key, the "copy" button on the
tool bar is temporarily enabled until the key is released; echo area
displays "Mark set" for a brief period (around 50 - 200 ms).

4. After (1), while holding left meta key (I cannot test the right one
as I repurposed this key), the echo area displays "There is no other
window" until the key is released.

None of these behaviors happen in my "known good" build.

I don't have time to debug it ATM, so I have put down the versions and
configurations below for others to investigate -- hopefully that is
enough information.

I also just realized that the master build uses X whereas my normal
build uses PGTK -- how do I enable PGTK directly from `make' so I can
make an apple-to-apple comparison?

Thanks.

-------
Problematic version info (built using `make all` and invoked using
`src/emacs ...`):

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.36, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2023-02-07 built on fw.net.yu
Repository revision: 5642bf0b9726ea299a670e7393695148f31c619b
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201007
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

-------
Known good version info:

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.36, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2023-01-05 built on ruijie
Repository revision: 8a18369afdc3a873881e7b19b75e94ca96791c84
Repository branch: makepkg
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-modules --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --without-gconf
 --with-native-compilation=yes --with-xinput2 --with-pgtk
 --without-xaw3d --with-sound=no --with-tree-sitter --without-gpm
 --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER
WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

-------

Best,

RY