Subject: bug#61326: [DRAFT PATCH v4] Work around zip's filename extension limitation (was: Adding --no-add-suffix to zip patch)

From: Ruijie Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 16:57:08 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> [...] I turned it into a `cl-do' construct. [...]
>
> I don't object in principle, but in this case it looks like the
> implementation based on cl-do needs much more complex code than the
> original?  If so, I'd prefer the original, simpler and
> easier-to-understand code.

It's more that everything is buried under the let expression, so it
_looks_ more complex.  But I do agree that this change might introduce
unnecessary cognative load for maintainers and I will revert that change
in my next iteration.

> The commit log message is not detailed enough: it doesn't mention the
> functions you modify.  Please see the conventions we follow for log
> messages described in CONTRIBUTE, which also mentions useful Emacs
> functions which will help you format the log message according to our
> conventions.
>
> Thanks.

Thank you for the review.  I will take a closer look at etc/CONTRIBUTE
-- apparently I didn't read it in enough detail.  I will report back
within the next few days.

--
Best,

RY