Subject: Re: bug#61326: [DRAFT PATCH v3] Work around zip's filename extension limitation (was: Adding --no-add-suffix to zip patch)

From: Ruijie Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2023 23:23:59 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Ruijie Yu <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>> Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2023 22:56:21 +0800
>>
>> > I see that you don't have a copyright assignment on file, so would you
>> > like me to send you the form to fill, which will start the legal
>> > paperwork of assigning the copyright to the FSF?  Once that is
>> > completed, we can install these changes.
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>>
>> Please do, thanks.
>
> Form sent off-list.

Response sent to assign@gnu, thanks.

By the way, while writing tests, I see a need to modify
`archive-expunge' to accept an additional optional argument FORCE acting
as the prefix argument.  I suppose if this is favored, I should probably
say something in the etc/NEWS file (as well as the docstring, and maybe
an info page somewhere)?  FTR, previously prefix arguments are ignored
for `archive-expunge'.

The reason for the need of a FORCE argument is so that I want to ensure
that file contents are correct after deleting a member using
archive-mode functionalities without getting prompted for confirmation.
However, `archive-expunge' ATM requires a user prompt via its baked-in
`yes-or-no-p' call.

An alternative to the above is to move the meat of said function into a
new internal helper function which simply skips over prompting the user.
This would keep the `archive-expunge' API untouched.

A new draft iteration should be here in a few days, with the question(s)
above answered.  Thanks.

--
Best,

RY