Subject: Re: bug#61325: 30.0.50; Jokes in GNUS manual

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2023 19:56:12 +0000

Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]> writes:

>> The paragraph structure is basically:
>>
>>  <technical description><joke><half joke, half technical description>
>>
>> Such structure is difficult to understand, especially if the joke itself
>> is not understood.
>
> But you have understood the above structure. Then what is the issue?

The issue is that it took an extra effort to understand it. Not because
of technical details, but simply because of presence of jokes.

IMHO, the primary aim of manuals is explaining technical information to
the users. Jokes that help to understand or at least does not hurt are
totally fine. But when jokes makes the information harder to understand,
isn't it against the aim of writing a good manual?

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>