Subject: Re: bug#61325: 30.0.50; Jokes in GNUS manual

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2023 16:15:11 +0000

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Would you find it helpful or at least neutral to have these extra jokes
>> when trying to understand the above sentence?
>
> I didn't see ``let's not think further'' in the Gnus manual.

Sorry, I do not understand this sentence.

> And no, your additions do not make it harder for me to understand that
> sentence.

I see. Then, we are in clear disagreement here.

Maybe others can chime in to clarify if jokes in 3.16 Group Topics
section of GNUS manual hamper the understanding or not.

Or, would it be even better to run a small poll, similar to Emacs
survey, presenting two versions of the section: with and without jokes,
and asking which one is preferred? That will draw a more clear picture
compared to just two mailing list dwellers arguing about what other
people prefer.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>