Subject: bug#61325: 30.0.50; Jokes in GNUS manual

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 17:50:30 +0300

* Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]> [2023-03-08 17:12]:
> My statement is based on a concrete person complaining about too many
> inappropriate jokes. I also listed the specific jokes in question.

How is possible to know if that person has no name?

If that person need you as proxy to talk for them, maybe it is all in
the end the joke to create a commotion, and finally laughs.

How do we know that you are transmitting the emotion and feeling in
same manner how it was intended?

> The idea of asking general public has been rejected (see my earlier
> message about running a poll). Po Lu argued that such a poll will
> represent people overreacting to the jokes disproportionally (they
> will tend to participate in the poll more).

You have to step away from that computer and go into people, talk and
make some fun. Come back. 

Or if not that, okay fine, though that sounds too robotic too me, and
no fun.

> So, I tried to fall back to the GNU policy. Which, IMHO should be
> slightly clarified. The part about what "occasional joke" refers to.

> We have. The previous https://emacssurvey.org/ generated over 1000
> replies. But see Po Lu's concern.

1000 replies on what? I cannot find anything related to jokes
there. Your answer is not related.

Get out of that room.

-- 
Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/