Subject: bug#61325: 30.0.50; Jokes in GNUS manual

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 20:06:54 +0800

Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]> writes:

> What is not clear for me is a stance on replacing the jokes on sensitive
> topic with equivalent jokes on less sensitive topic. Unless such change
> is making the jokes worse, should it be rejected? Accepted?

Rejected, because we want to set an example of resisting the pressure
from snowflakes who believe their hyper-sensitivities are important
enough to warrant imposition on others.

Throughout the Internet, this seems to be a losing battle, and as a
result more and more software is having the fun taken out of it.  But we
must not allow that battle to be lost in Emacs.

P.S:

Remember the non-GNU anti-social edict that was being pushed about some
time around 3 years ago?  Do you want Emacs to become one of the pieces
of software that have a long list of rules, the sole purpose of which is
to determine which individuals are to be kicked out of the project,
based on whatever an allergic person happens to react to?

Catering to snowflakes is a very slippery slope, which always leads to
that in the end.