Subject: Re: bug#61325: 30.0.50; Jokes in GNUS manual

From: Sam James <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 04:05:48 +0000

Attached hopefully a good compromise between the
original bug & improving it.

From 89350cf5b339749587168438200f41ed40805a1f Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Sam James <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 03:54:03 +0000
Subject: [PATCH] ; Enhance joke to be more fitting with Emacs philosophy

* Replace "sex groups" with "non-free software groups" as something
fitting with the GNU Emacs philosophy.  (Bug #61325)
---
 doc/misc/gnus.texi | 9 ++++-----
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/misc/gnus.texi b/doc/misc/gnus.texi
index f0d3c75d055..08c9b92c431 100644
--- a/doc/misc/gnus.texi
+++ b/doc/misc/gnus.texi
@@ -3860,10 +3860,10 @@ exiting Gnus.
 
 If you read lots and lots of groups, it might be convenient to group
 them hierarchically according to topics.  You put your Emacs groups over
-here, your sex groups over there, and the rest (what, two groups or so?)
-you put in some misc section that you never bother with anyway.  You can
-even group the Emacs sex groups as a sub-topic to either the Emacs
-groups or the sex groups---or both!  Go wild!
+here, your shameful non-free software groups over there, and the rest
+(what, two groups or so?) you put in some misc section that you never bother
+with anyway.  You can even group the Emacs non-free groups as a sub-topic to
+either the Emacs groups or the non-free groups---or both!  Go wild!
 
 @iftex
 @iflatex
@@ -3898,7 +3898,6 @@ Go ahead, just try it.  I'll still be here when you get back.  La de
 dum@dots{} Nice tune, that@dots{} la la la@dots{} What, you're back?
 Yes, and now press @kbd{l}.  There.  All your groups are now listed
 under @samp{misc}.  Doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy?
-Hot and bothered?
 
 If you want this permanently enabled, you should add that minor mode to
 the hook for the group mode.  Put the following line in your
-- 
2.39.2