Subject: Re: bug#61325: 30.0.50; Jokes in GNUS manual

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2023 13:29:31 +0000

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

> People who are easily offended will have no use for a newsreader.
> Unless, of course, they get their internet service from Time
> Warner Cable.

I don't think so.

You are probably right about surfing Usenet and Newsgroups. But merely
using a newsreader does not imply that the users are going to be exposed
to all the groups. They get to choose which groups to follow.

Using Gnus or learning how to use Gnus should not require _as much_
resilience to offence compared to reading anonymous imageboards and
equivalent newsgroups.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>