Subject: Re: bug#61325: 30.0.50; Jokes in GNUS manual

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 23:34:27 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > That remark, in this thread about potentially offensive humor, is 
  > deliciously amusing, coming from someone who a few days ago publicly 
  > asked, in this same thread, to censor someone who happens to use a kind of 
  > humor he dislikes (a dark humor a la Louis C.K.) from this mailing list.

There is so much vagueness there that I can't tell who you mean
or what your point is.

What I can tell is that your point is an attack on some person, written
cryptically.

If you disagree with someone in this discussion, please don't turn it
into a personal attack.  Please stick to the topic we are talking
about -- don't change the topic to focus on anyone in this
discussion.

This particular kind of point is generally not very useful.  If two
statements by one person strike you as being somehow opposed to each
other, that doesn't imply they conflict.  Perhaps they do, perhaps
they don't.  It could be that the two statements were stated
imprecisely so that they can be misunderstood as conflicting.

Thus, claiming that the two statements conflict is not helpful for
resolving the issue at hand.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)