Subject: RE: [External] : bug#61325: 30.0.50; Jokes in GNUS manual

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 12:00:29 +0000

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I suggest this alternative and much more minimal patch, which only
>> removes the most unnecessary references to "sex" (replacing it with
>> "meme",
>
> Let's not forget to sanitize "sexp" to "memep". ;-)

This is a different case.
"sexp" is an abbreviation often used in the code. It is also defined in
"10.1 Introduction to Evaluation" of Elisp manual, although not commonly
used in the manual itself (as footnote explains).

Technical terms are necessary for understanding. They are also
well-defined in ways clearly unrelated to "sex" in your example.

In contrast, the topic of sex in the discussed jokes is intentional and
refers to the concept of sex.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>