Subject: Re: bug#61325: 30.0.50; Jokes in GNUS manual

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 10:25:35 +0000

Richard Stallman <[email-masked]> writes:

>   > > We owe no special consideration to people who try to impose their
>   > > unrelated hgypersensitivities on others.  They are demanding power
>   > > which nobody should have.
>
>   > I can see the point, but does it apply to well-known sensitive topics,
>   > like sex, races, politics, etc?
>
> Nowadays there is a fashion for hypersensitivity; whatever the topic.
> If you approach within 50 feet, some will say "That's offensively
> close."  No one is entitled to that much control over others.

I agree in general. However, not following the fashion for
hypersensitivity does not mean doing the opposite-ignoring that fact
that some statements/topics can be sensitive/offensive.

There should be a boundary, albeit not the same with specific country
standards. I proposed the boundary to be the topics well-known to be
sensitive for the whole cultures. Or it can be a different boundary - a
consensus among users across the world.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>