Subject: bug#61325: 30.0.50; Jokes in GNUS manual

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 23:50:39 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > > We never did agree to follow their rules.

  > I assume that GNU kind communication guidelines also apply to the
  > manuals. At least to some degree.

Yss, they do.

The points in the Kind Communication Guidelines are not rules -- they
don't draw precise lines.  They are guidelines to apply, and how to
apply them is a matter of judgment.  We should never write anything to
offend a demographic group.  But when someone takes offense where no
offense was intended, we have to judge the issue by its specifics.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)