Subject: Re: bug#61325: 30.0.50; Jokes in GNUS manual

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 23:50:05 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > > Since I also couldn't make heads or tails of it, I deleted that
  > > paragraph.  I guess if someone thinks it's hilarious, they'll chastise
  > > me publicly, and then they can hopefully also explain what the joke or
  > > even intended meaning of that paragraph is.

  > Why don't you ask Lars.

There was no need for the answer to come from him in particular.

  > For single person's lack of insight, that shall not be deleted.

I am not saying that joke should be deleted.  I am saying that the
manual needs to explain its serious points weriously, not just with
jokes.  It needs to what kill files do, and what scoring does,
and how to use them.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)