Subject: bug#61325: 30.0.50; Jokes in GNUS manual

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2023 23:28:15 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > The paragraph structure is basically:

  >  <technical description><joke><half joke, half technical description>

  > Such structure is difficult to understand, especially if the joke itself
  > is not understood.

Jokes which are hard for many readers to understand
can be frustrating for the readers who can't understand them.
So I think we should insist that jokes be comprehensible.

In other words, don't include jokes whose claim to funniness comes
from crucial links left unstated, stated vaguely, or replaced with
"wink, wink."

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)