Subject: Re: bug#6130: 23.1; artist-mode spray-can malfunction

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 09:22:22 +0100

> Okay, but I think this should be a reasonably high priority for the
 > maintainers of this part of the lisp tree. Aren't there likely to be
 > quite a few undiscovered bugs, some perhaps quite destructive, that
 > result from following the behavior as it was documented, just as there
 > are (presumably) places where new bugs would manifest if `posnp' were
 > brought in line with its advertised behavior? In any case, I've appended
 > a FIXME comment in addition to revising the docstring.

Thanks.  I slightly tweaked the doc-string of `posnp' to make its first
line fit.  We can change the behavior of `posnp' for Emacs 25 as soon as
you received your confirmation from the FSF.

 > I added the log entry to the highest-level ChangeLog file, since I
 > edited files in lisp/ and doc/ (even though the doc/ changes were only
 > in reference to functionality implemented under lisp/). Is that right?

Not really.  But the way of writing ChangeLog entries will change in the
near future anyway so there's not much use to tell you the precise
details.  I used your entry to create more appropriate ones.  I pushed
your changes to the Emacs-24 branch as commit

    4c09e3a..3ea1b31  emacs-24 -> emacs-24

They should appear on trunk/master with the next merge.  Please have a
look, my experience with git is still rather poor.  If you think I've
done everything right, please close the bug.

Thanks, martin