Subject: Re: bug#61283: 29.0.60; pcomplete-completions-at-point loses text properties, breaking pcomplete-from-help annotations

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 13:30:30 +0300

> Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 08:19:52 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked], Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>,
>  Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> From: Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]>
> 
> Eli, are you okay with adding a fix for this problem to emacs-29?

I'd need to see an actual patch to answer that.  It depends on where
in the code will the fix be and how likely it will be to affect
unrelated parts of the functionality.

> The pcomplete help functionality is new functionality introduced in
> Emacs 29, but it never worked properly, it seems.

I think "never worked properly" is a bit of an exaggeration, since I'd
assume it does "mostly" work, otherwise it would not have been
installed.  Some parts of the functionality are not working, but I'm
not yet sure how important those parts are, relative to the rest.

So this is a judgment call, and I need to see the patch to make the
decision.

Thanks.