Subject: bug#61277: FR: ELPA security - Restrict package builds to signed git commits

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2023 23:28:13 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

I wrote:

  > > Should we move this to emacs-devel?  A specific bug ticket
  > > is not the right place for such an important topic.

You replied:

  > This was explicitly requested to be made into a bug ticket on
  > emacs-devel. See
  > https://yhetil.org/emacs-devel/CADwFkmkx3J=[email-masked]

I looked at that URL but I can't understand what it says.  I see
several ways to parse "This was explicitly requested to be made into a
bug ticket on emacs-devel" so I don't know what it means.  Can you
state your point more explicitly and not tersely?

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)