Subject: bug#61274: 29.0.60; dabbrev-capf signals errors

From: Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2023 19:21:47 +0100

On 2/4/23 19:09, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> However the second issue still occurs even with `dabbrev-completion'.
>> When I execute `dabbrev-completion' in a buffer where no completions are
>> found, I get the message "dabbrev--abbrev-at-point: No possible
>> abbreviation preceding point", while the message should be the usual "No
>> match" from `completion-at-point'.
> 
> I see a different message:
> 
>   completion--some: No dynamic expansion for "x" found in this-buffer
> 
> Which IMO is completely reasonable.

It is for `dabbrev-completion` but not for `dabbrev-capf', which should
better not throw any errors, such that the next Capf gets its chance to
run as I mentioned in my initial mail. Maybe Stefan has some more
comments on how we could resolve this?

Daniel