Subject: bug#61264: closed (Re: bug#61264: [Cuirass] Schedulers Blocked for Extended Periods)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2024 21:55:02 +0000

Your bug report

#61264: [Cuirass] Schedulers Blocked for Extended Periods

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
61264: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=61264
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#61264: [Cuirass] Schedulers Blocked for Extended Periods
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Rodriguez <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2024 23:54:16 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Christopher,

Christopher Rodriguez <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I recently spun up a new Linode host of GNU Guix with the intent to use
> it as a "personal substitute server" of sorts, with GNU Cuirass and guix
> publish being the main services running on it.
>
> It worked fine up to a point, but has been doing nothing other than
> logging warnings for the last 17+ hours. These look like:
>
> "2023-02-04 00:16:54 2023-02-04T00:16:54 warning: Scheduler 1 blocked
> since 6246 seconds"

Replying more than a year later… to let you know that this part of the
code has been overhauled, leading to Cuirass 1.2.0 a few months ago.
This should not longer be a problem.  Closing!

Ludo’.

Subject: [Cuirass] Schedulers Blocked for Extended Periods
From: Christopher Rodriguez <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2023 00:10:58 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I recently spun up a new Linode host of GNU Guix with the intent to use
it as a "personal substitute server" of sorts, with GNU Cuirass and guix
publish being the main services running on it.

It worked fine up to a point, but has been doing nothing other than
logging warnings for the last 17+ hours. These look like:

"2023-02-04 00:16:54 2023-02-04T00:16:54 warning: Scheduler 1 blocked
since 6246 seconds"

Is this a known issue? Is there more information I can provide to help
diagnose this? This is my first time seriously attempting to use GNU
Cuirass; I could be missing something. However, I asked on IRC and was
told that it seems like a Bug.

Thanks for Your time!

-- 
Christopher Rodriguez
()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org   - against proprietary attachments