Subject: bug#61260: 29.0.60; wrong indentation will break the highlight on yaml-ts-mode

From: Eason Huang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2023 09:20:00 +0800

Hi Emacs dev team,

I found that when editing yaml file with yaml-ts-mode, the buffer
highlight will be break when the indentation of current line is wrong.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start Emacs with `emacs -Q`
2. Open any a yaml file, such as `C-x, C-f ~/test.yaml`
3. M-x yaml-ts-mode, enable the yaml-ts-mode on test.yaml buffer
4. input the code below in the test.yaml buffer
```
values:
  a: 10
  b: 20
  c: 30
```
5. so far so good.
6. if the line 2 have a wrong indentation, such as four spaces in stead of
two spaces. Now the hightlight of line 3 and line 4 will be break
```
values:
    a: 10
  b: 20
  c: 30
```

The commit I built Emacs is f25c15ceb7d from emacs-29 branch.

--
Eason Huang

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin22.2.0, NS
 appkit-2299.30 Version 13.1 (Build 22C65)) of 2023-02-04 built on
 MacBook
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2299
System Description:  macOS 13.1

Configured using:
 'configure --without-native-compilation --without-dbus
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-rpath
 /opt/local/lib/gcc12
 -Wl,-syslibroot,/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk
 -arch x86_64''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER
WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode vc-dispatcher help-mode pp shadow sort
mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils yaml-ts-mode
treesit cl-seq cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue
cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 50954 12123)
 (symbols 48 5983 4)
 (strings 32 16445 2155)
 (string-bytes 1 475645)
 (vectors 16 12263)
 (vector-slots 8 181458 14500)
 (floats 8 29 259)
 (intervals 56 569 31)
 (buffers 984 14))

-- 
Eason Huang