Subject: bug#61258: 29.0.60; pgtk build from git, WSLg, slow, heavy cpu use

From: "J. Scott Berg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2023 18:47:15 +0000

Emacs built with pgtk. Editing in f90 mode, though I don't think this is
important. Display is WSLg. Severe input lag, to the point off becoming
unusable, gets worse with more frames (or just time?). Heavy CPU usage by
emacs while doing anything. Problem not seen when not built with pgtk.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.36, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2023-02-01 built on LAD-158343
Repository revision: f91bf9df892417a2e4add6d0d77ac5123a579bfc
Repository branch: emacs-29
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/jsberg/opt/emacs-230201-f91bf9df892
 --with-pgtk --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: F90

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cmake-font-lock cmake-mode rst compile
text-property-search thingatpt vc-svn python project pcase treesit
comint ansi-osc ring ansi-color calc-arith calc-misc calc-math calc-alg
calc-ext calc-menu calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs misearch
multi-isearch comp comp-cstr warnings rx cl-extra help-mode vc-git
diff-mode easy-mmode vc-dispatcher f90 cus-edit pp cus-start cus-load
icons wid-edit cmake-font-lock-autoloads cmake-mode-autoloads
yaml-mode-autoloads info auctex-autoloads tex-site
gnuplot-mode-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 241683 12843)
 (symbols 48 16164 0)
 (strings 32 56433 2622)
 (string-bytes 1 1716654)
 (vectors 16 35561)
 (vector-slots 8 620187 15083)
 (floats 8 119 162)
 (intervals 56 6002 0)
 (buffers 976 27))