Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 8/8] news: Add entry for the new 'rpm' guix pack format.

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 16:12:56 +0100

Hi Maxim!  Two things.  First, could you include this German
translation?

> (title
>  (en "New @samp{rpm} format for the @command{guix pack} command"))

(de "Neues Format @samp{rpm} für den Befehl @command{guix pack}")

> (body
>  (en "RPM archives (with the .rpm file extension) can now be produced

(de "Sie können jetzt auch RPM-Archive (mit der Dateinamenserweiterung
.rpm) erzeugen mit dem Befehl @command{guix pack --format=rpm}.  Damit
haben Sie einen alternativen Distributionsweg für mit Guix erstellte
Software.  Hier sehen Sie ein einfaches Beispiel, wie Sie ein
RPM-Archiv für das Paket @code{hello} erzeugen:

@example
guix pack --format=rpm --symlink=/usr/bin/hello=bin/hello hello
@end example

Siehe @command{info \"(guix.de) Aufruf von guix pack\"} für mehr
Informationen.")

—Other than that, I just tried using your patch to make hello.rpm as in
the news example and to make another advent.rpm with open-adventure.  To
my surprise, I could install both (on a fresh install of Fedora Server
x86_64 without Guix installed), even though hello and open-adventure
both reference /gnu/store/5h2w4qi9hk1qzzgi1w83220ydslinr4s-glibc-2.33.

>From reading your documentation, I had not expected this.  Perhaps you
should mention that it is possible to both run `sudo rpm -i hello.rpm`
and `sudo rpm -i advent.rpm` and it does not conflict?

Regards,
Florian