Subject: Re: bug#61255: [PATCH 0/5] Add support for the RPM format to "guix pack"

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 19:57:48 +0100

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Rationale: the upcoming rpm-archive builder will also use it.
>
> * guix/scripts/pack.scm:
> (keyword-ref): New top-level procedure, extracted from...
> (debian-archive): ... here.  Adjust usages accordingly.

Commit aeded14b8342c1e72afd014a1bc121770f8c3a1c added #:extra-options,
which is why we need ‘keyword-ref’ now.

I’m thinking a different option would be to use #:allow-other-keys in
all the image build procedures.  That way the deb and rpm build
procedures would get their extra arguments, which would be automatically
bound without requiring manual ‘keyword-ref’ calls.  Sounds a bit nicer
maybe?

If we skip to the current approach, we should consider using
‘let-keywords’ from (ice-9 optargs) instead of adding ‘keyword-ref’.

Anyway, not a blocker IMO, but something to keep in mind.

Ludo’.