Subject: [bug#61255] [PATCH 2/5] gexp: computed-file: Honor %guile-for-build.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2023 02:11:23 +0100

Hello!

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * guix/gexp.scm (computed-file): Set the default value of the #:guile argument
> to that of the %guile-for-build parameter.

[...]

>  (define* (computed-file name gexp
> -                        #:key guile (local-build? #t) (options '()))
> +                        #:key (guile (%guile-for-build))
> +                        (local-build? #t) (options '()))

I think that would lead ‘computed-file’ to pick (%guile-for-build) at
the wrong time (time of call instead of time of lowering).

Commit ab25eb7caaf5571cc9f8d6397a1eae127d7e29d1 made it #f such that
‘gexp->derivation’ gets to resolve it at the “right” time.

Does that make sense?  But perhaps this approach isn’t suitable in the
use case you’re looking at?

HTH,
Ludo’.