Subject: Re: [bug#61246] [PATCH] gnu: libgit2: Update to 1.5.1.

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 11:05:43 +0100

Hi,

On sam., 18 févr. 2023 at 19:13, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Tobias Geerinckx-Rice 写道：
>> I belatedly second Zimoun here:
>>
>>> This patch series should be split into 3 atomic commits.
>
> Or maybe I misinterpreted the intention.
>
> When debugging this, I would have liked to find separate commits a
> for each version, or a more generic title (without the misleading 
> ‘to 1.5.1’).

The intention was: « When debugging this, I would have liked to find
separate commits a for each version, or a more generic title (without
the misleading ‘to 1.5.1’). » :-)

Just to point that as member of the Julia team, I know by experience
that the dependency relationship between Julia and the Git ecosystem can
be tedious to find.  Hence my proposal to split – it helps to prevent
breakage or help to debug it.

Thanks Tobias for the quick fix!

Cheers,
simon