Subject: Re: [bug#61246] [PATCH] gnu: libgit2: Update to 1.5.1.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2023 13:30:21 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, 08 Feb 2023 at 22:25, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> * gnu/packages/version-control.scm (libgit2): Update to 1.5.1.
>> [source]: Remove snippet to comment out the "10 years ago" test, which
>> was removed on newer versions.
>> (libgit2-1.4): New variable. Update to 1.4.5.
>> (libgit2-1.3): Inherit from 'libgit2-1.4'. Update to 1.3.2.
>> (libgit2-1.1): Update to 1.1.1. Add back the snippet which comments out
>> the "10 years ago" test that remains on this older version.
>> * doc/guix.texi (Using a Custom Guix Channel): Add note and example
>> on how to exempt a local guix repository from git ownership checks.
>
> This loooks good, thanks!

This patch series should be split into 3 atomic commits.

And the update of libgit2-1.1 from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 is not necessary and
even this variable could be removed – what I am suggesting. :-)

Cheers,
simon