Subject: bug#61231: closed (Re: bug#61231: 30.0.50; treesit-induce-sparse-tree: rename LIMIT to DEPTH)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 07:30:02 +0000

Your bug report

#61231: 30.0.50; treesit-induce-sparse-tree: rename LIMIT to DEPTH

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
61231: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=61231
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#61231: 30.0.50; treesit-induce-sparse-tree: rename LIMIT to DEPTH
From: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
To: Mickey Petersen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 23:29:21 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Yuan Fu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Mickey Petersen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Minor thing, really, but I think we should rename LIMIT to DEPTH.
>>
>> LIMIT has a rather specific meaning to me when it comes to graph
>> theory. It implies a stop search after a certain number is reached.
>
> I’ll take your word for it ;-)
>
>> Here, it really means *depth*; that is, the tree will cease to scan
>> once it has reached a certain depth in the node tree, as opposed to
>> having reached its limit on matches.
>
> Sure, I can change LIMIT to DEPTH.
>
> Yuan

Done.

Subject: 30.0.50; treesit-induce-sparse-tree: rename LIMIT to DEPTH
From: Mickey Petersen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2023 16:02:48 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Minor thing, really, but I think we should rename LIMIT to DEPTH.

LIMIT has a rather specific meaning to me when it comes to graph
theory. It implies a stop search after a certain number is reached.

Here, it really means *depth*; that is, the tree will cease to scan
once it has reached a certain depth in the node tree, as opposed to
having reached its limit on matches.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.20, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-01-25 built on mickey-work
Repository revision: 8b87d095acfb23b527f955873a59dd9c13ffc9b4
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --with-json --with-mailutils
 --without-compress-install --with-imagemagick CC=gcc-10'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2
M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER X11 XDBE
XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB