Subject: bug#61209: 29.0.60; treesit-beginning/end-of-defun problem with macros in c-ts-mode

From: Yang Yingchao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2023 14:27:35 +0800

Hi **,

From: Yang Yingchao <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2023 14:19:30 +0800
Cc: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 29.0.60;  treesit-beginning/end-of-defun problem with macros in c-ts-mode
--text follows this line--

treesit-beginning/end-of-defun in c-ts-mode not work correctly with macros.

For example, in the following codes:

#define SWITCH()
#define CASE(name)		case name:

void func(int i)        // LINE_E
{
    SWITCH(i)           // LINE_D
    {
        CASE(A)         // LINE_C
        {
            ;
        }
        CASE(B)         // LINE_B
        {
            ;           // LINE_A
        }
    }
}

When cursor is at LINE_A, and stoke `C-M-a`, cursor will go to LINE_B;
then `C-M-a` again, cursor goes to LINE_C, then `C-M-a` again, LINE_D,
and `C-M-a` again, finally to LINE_E...

Regards...

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 15, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.35, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2023-02-01 built on tbook
Repository revision: c345ec43995051e3fb412cfb8f24d0e931b7de5e
Repository branch: yc-hacking
System Description: Gentoo Linux

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-O2 -march=native -pipe -g' LDFLAGS=
 --with-native-compilation --without-pop --without-imagemagick
 --with-xml2 --with-json --with-modules --with-pgtk'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: zh_CN.UTF8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils c-ts-mode
c-ts-common treesit pp cl-print byte-opt thingatpt help-fns radix-tree
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs cl-loaddefs comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx
cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cl-lib
china-util rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win
pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 116552 13400)
 (symbols 48 9439 0)
 (strings 32 29132 1837)
 (string-bytes 1 934955)
 (vectors 16 19030)
 (vector-slots 8 379928 16623)
 (floats 8 36 34)
 (intervals 56 432 0)
 (buffers 984 14))

-- 
Yang Yingchao
Yang Yingchao