Subject: Re: bug#61204: Scilab scientific software

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 00:08:09 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I took a job where I have to use the scientific software suite Scilab in
> an old version (5.4.1). I'll probably update it during this job.

Heh, congrats on the new job, and yay for free software! :-)

> I managed to package this version in the non-graphical version of Scilab
> 5.5.X versions this weekend.
>
> It needs some old software libraries (metis@4, suitesparse@3), which
> releases are not even in guix's history, and some compilation errors
> fixes.
>
> I go ahead and propose these patches in the next patches. I may continue
> to work to propose updates up to the latest versions, but they need some
> more work.

Looks like we’re missing patch 4/6, which actually adds Scilab.

Did it get stuck on its way?

Ludo’.