Subject: Re: bug#61203: guix Update failed

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2023 15:49:20 -0500

Hi Volker,

Volker Edelmann <[email-masked]> writes:

> Dear Maxim,
>
> it is just one machine. On boot time, I decide which OS to run.

I see.  I think this could technically work, as long as you always
ensure the same /gnu/store and the same /var/guix are exposed to each
machine (perhaps via bind mounts), so that the database and the store
content are always in sync.  I fear that's a not supported use case
though and would probably be tricky, so I'm closing the issue.  Feel
free to report of things you've tried and any success or encountered
problems, though!

Also, please make sure to 'wide-reply' when using the lists, to keep the
thread public so that everybody can see the discussion.  I've re-added
the bug email in CC ([email-masked]).

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim