Subject: bug#61183: closed (Re: bug#61183: 29.0.60; Add describe-repeat-maps to the manual)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2023 13:38:02 +0000

Your bug report

#61183: 29.0.60; Add describe-repeat-maps to the manual

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
61183: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=61183
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#61183: 29.0.60; Add describe-repeat-maps to the manual
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2023 15:37:42 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2023 20:06:36 +0200
> 
> >> How about putting something like
> >>
> >> If `repeat-mode' is enabled, these keymaps determine which single key
> >> can be used to repeat a command invoked via a full key sequence.
> >>
> >> in the buffer produced by `descripe-repeat-maps'?
> >
> > This text is much better, thanks.
> 
> Now added to the docstring.
> 
> >                                    However, it only talks about the
> > keymaps, whereas the window we pop shows also some key bindings for
> > each keymap.  The explanatory text should say something about that as
> > well, I think.  Such an explanation would probably clarify why the
> > text says "single" in "single key", which currently looks "out of the
> > blue".

Thanks, I've made some further improvements in this and related
documentation.

I think we can now close this bug.

Subject: 29.0.60; Add describe-repeat-maps to the manual
From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 19:19:56 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tags: patch

This patch adds describe-repeat-maps to the Info manual:

```
diff --git a/doc/emacs/basic.texi b/doc/emacs/basic.texi
index 2cc45a8805e..849647664b7 100644
--- a/doc/emacs/basic.texi
+++ b/doc/emacs/basic.texi
@@ -887,6 +887,7 @@ Repeating
 subsequent @kbd{z} repeats it once again.
 
 @findex repeat-mode
+@findex describe-repeat-maps
 @vindex repeat-exit-key
 @vindex repeat-exit-timeout
   Also you can activate @code{repeat-mode} that temporarily enables a
@@ -895,11 +896,11 @@ Repeating
 @kbd{C-x u C-x u} to undo many changes, @kbd{C-x o o} instead of
 @kbd{C-x o C-x o} to switch several windows, @kbd{C-x @{ @{ @} @} ^ ^
 v v} to resize the selected window interactively, @kbd{M-g n n p p} to
-navigate @code{next-error} matches, and @kbd{C-x ] ] [ [} to navigate
-through pages.  Any other key exits transient mode and then is
-executed normally.  The user option @code{repeat-exit-key} defines an
-additional key to exit this transient mode.  Also it's possible to
-break the repetition chain automatically after some idle time by
-customizing the user option @code{repeat-exit-timeout} to specify the
-idle time in seconds after which this transient mode will be turned
-off.
+navigate @code{next-error} matches, @kbd{C-x ] ] [ [} to navigate
+through pages, and other listed in @code{describe-repeat-maps}.
+Any other key exits transient mode and then is executed normally.  The
+user option @code{repeat-exit-key} defines an additional key to exit
+this transient mode.  Also it's possible to break the repetition chain
+automatically after some idle time by customizing the user option
+@code{repeat-exit-timeout} to specify the idle time in seconds after
+which this transient mode will be turned off.
```