Subject: bug#61174: closed (Re: bug#61174: error compiling emacs)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 17:21:02 +0000

Your bug report

#61174: error compiling emacs

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
61174: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=61174
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#61174: error compiling emacs
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Ugo Tomei <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 19:20:34 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> SavedFromEmail: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 16:09:44 +0100
> From: Ugo Tomei <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Yes, now works 

Thanks, closing.

Subject: error compiling emacs
From: Ugo Tomei <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 11:59:16 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi all,

i have always compile succesfully emacs with this command:

git clone https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs.git
cd /app/emacs
git reset --hard
git pull
sudo make uninstall
sudo make clean
git checkout default
git submodule update --init --recursive
./autogen.sh
./configure
make bootstrap -j 32
sudo make install

but now i have this error:

[code]

Loading /app/emacs/lisp/isearch.el (source)...
Loading /app/emacs/lisp/rfn-eshadow.el (source)...
Loading /app/emacs/lisp/menu-bar.el (source)...
Loading /app/emacs/lisp/tab-bar.el (source)...
Loading /app/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/lisp.el (source)...
Loading /app/emacs/lisp/textmodes/page.el (source)...
Loading /app/emacs/lisp/register.el (source)...
Loading /app/emacs/lisp/textmodes/paragraphs.el (source)...
Loading /app/emacs/lisp/progmodes/prog-mode.el (source)...

Error: error ("Eager macro-expansion failure: (void-function 
treesit-parser-list)")
   mapbacktrace((closure ((prin1 . cl-prin1) t) (evald func args _flags) 
(let ((args args)) (if evald (progn (princ "  ") (funcall prin1 func) 
(princ "(")) (progn (princ "  (") (setq args (cons func args)))) (if 
args (while (progn (funcall prin1 (car args)) (setq args (cdr args))) 
(princ " "))) (princ ")\n"))))
   (let ((print-escape-newlines t) (print-escape-control-characters t) 
(print-escape-nonascii t) (prin1 (if (and (fboundp 'cl-prin1) (require 
'cl-print nil t)) #'cl-prin1 #'prin1))) (mapbacktrace #'(lambda (evald 
func args _flags) (let ((args args)) (if evald (progn (princ "  ") 
(funcall prin1 func) (princ "(")) (progn (princ "  (") (setq args (cons 
func args)))) (if args (while (progn (funcall prin1 (car args)) (setq 
args (cdr args))) (princ " "))) (princ ")\n")))))
   debug-early-backtrace()
   debug-early(error (error "Eager macro-expansion failure: 
(void-function treesit-parser-list)"))
   signal(error ("Eager macro-expansion failure: (void-function 
treesit-parser-list)"))
   error("Eager macro-expansion failure: %S" (void-function 
treesit-parser-list))
   (condition-case err (let ((macroexp--pending-eager-loads (cons 
load-file-name macroexp--pending-eager-loads))) (if full-p 
(macroexpand--all-toplevel form) (macroexpand form))) (error (error 
"Eager macro-expansion failure: %S" err) form))
   (cond ((eq 'skip (car macroexp--pending-eager-loads)) form) ((and 
load-file-name (member load-file-name macroexp--pending-eager-loads)) 
(let* ((bt (delq nil (mapcar #'macroexp--trim-backtrace-frame 
(macroexp--backtrace)))) (elem (list 'load (file-name-nondirectory 
load-file-name))) (tail (member elem (cdr (member elem bt))))) (if tail 
(setcdr tail (list '…))) (if (eq (car-safe (car bt)) 'macroexpand-all) 
(setq bt (cdr bt))) (if macroexp--debug-eager (debug 
'eager-macroexp-cycle) (error "Eager macro-expansion skipped due to 
cycle:\n  %s" (mapconcat #'prin1-to-string (nreverse bt) " => "))) (setq 
macroexp--pending-eager-loads (cons 'skip 
macroexp--pending-eager-loads)) form)) (t (condition-case err (let 
((macroexp--pending-eager-loads (cons load-file-name 
macroexp--pending-eager-loads))) (if full-p (macroexpand--all-toplevel 
form) (macroexpand form))) (error (error "Eager macro-expansion failure: 
%S" err) form))))
   (let ((symbols-with-pos-enabled t) (print-symbols-bare t)) (cond ((eq 
'skip (car macroexp--pending-eager-loads)) form) ((and load-file-name 
(member load-file-name macroexp--pending-eager-loads)) (let* ((bt (delq 
nil (mapcar #'macroexp--trim-backtrace-frame (macroexp--backtrace)))) 
(elem (list 'load (file-name-nondirectory load-file-name))) (tail 
(member elem (cdr (member elem bt))))) (if tail (setcdr tail (list '…))) 
(if (eq (car-safe (car bt)) 'macroexpand-all) (setq bt (cdr bt))) (if 
macroexp--debug-eager (debug 'eager-macroexp-cycle) (error "Eager 
macro-expansion skipped due to cycle:\n  %s" (mapconcat 
#'prin1-to-string (nreverse bt) " => "))) (setq 
macroexp--pending-eager-loads (cons 'skip 
macroexp--pending-eager-loads)) form)) (t (condition-case err (let 
((macroexp--pending-eager-loads (cons load-file-name 
macroexp--pending-eager-loads))) (if full-p (macroexpand--all-toplevel 
form) (macroexpand form))) (error (error "Eager macro-expansion failure: 
%S" err) form)))))
   internal-macroexpand-for-load((eval-when-compile (require 'cl-lib) 
(require 'subr-x) (require 'treesit)) nil)
   eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil 
"/app/emacs/lisp/progmodes/prog-mode.el" nil t)
   (if eval-function (funcall eval-function buffer (if dump-mode file 
fullname)) (eval-buffer buffer nil (if dump-mode file fullname) nil t))
   (let ((read-symbol-shorthands shorthands)) (if eval-function (funcall 
eval-function buffer (if dump-mode file fullname)) (eval-buffer buffer 
nil (if dump-mode file fullname) nil t)))
   (let ((load-true-file-name fullname) (load-file-name fullname) 
(set-auto-coding-for-load t) (inhibit-file-name-operation nil) 
shorthands) (with-current-buffer buffer (set-buffer-multibyte t) (let 
(deactivate-mark) (insert-file-contents fullname)) (setq shorthands (and 
hack-read-symbol-shorthands-function (funcall 
hack-read-symbol-shorthands-function))) (if (and 
enable-multibyte-characters (or (eq (coding-system-type 
last-coding-system-used) 'raw-text))) (set-buffer-multibyte nil)) 
(set-buffer-modified-p nil)) (let ((read-symbol-shorthands shorthands)) 
(if eval-function (funcall eval-function buffer (if dump-mode file 
fullname)) (eval-buffer buffer nil (if dump-mode file fullname) nil t))))
   (unwind-protect (let ((load-true-file-name fullname) (load-file-name 
fullname) (set-auto-coding-for-load t) (inhibit-file-name-operation nil) 
shorthands) (with-current-buffer buffer (set-buffer-multibyte t) (let 
(deactivate-mark) (insert-file-contents fullname)) (setq shorthands (and 
hack-read-symbol-shorthands-function (funcall 
hack-read-symbol-shorthands-function))) (if (and 
enable-multibyte-characters (or (eq (coding-system-type 
last-coding-system-used) 'raw-text))) (set-buffer-multibyte nil)) 
(set-buffer-modified-p nil)) (let ((read-symbol-shorthands shorthands)) 
(if eval-function (funcall eval-function buffer (if dump-mode file 
fullname)) (eval-buffer buffer nil (if dump-mode file fullname) nil 
t)))) (let (kill-buffer-hook kill-buffer-query-functions) (kill-buffer 
buffer)))
   (let ((buffer (generate-new-buffer " *load*")) (load-in-progress t) 
(source (string-suffix-p ".el" fullname))) (unless nomessage (if source 
(message "Loading %s (source)..." file) (message "Loading %s..." file))) 
(when purify-flag (push (purecopy file) preloaded-file-list)) 
(unwind-protect (let ((load-true-file-name fullname) (load-file-name 
fullname) (set-auto-coding-for-load t) (inhibit-file-name-operation nil) 
shorthands) (with-current-buffer buffer (set-buffer-multibyte t) (let 
(deactivate-mark) (insert-file-contents fullname)) (setq shorthands (and 
hack-read-symbol-shorthands-function (funcall 
hack-read-symbol-shorthands-function))) (if (and 
enable-multibyte-characters (or (eq (coding-system-type 
last-coding-system-used) 'raw-text))) (set-buffer-multibyte nil)) 
(set-buffer-modified-p nil)) (let ((read-symbol-shorthands shorthands)) 
(if eval-function (funcall eval-function buffer (if dump-mode file 
fullname)) (eval-buffer buffer nil (if dump-mode file fullname) nil 
t)))) (let (kill-buffer-hook kill-buffer-query-functions) (kill-buffer 
buffer))) (do-after-load-evaluation fullname) (unless (or nomessage 
noninteractive) (if source (message "Loading %s (source)...done" file) 
(message "Loading %s...done" file))) t)
   (if (null (file-readable-p fullname)) (and (null noerror) (signal 
'file-error (list "Cannot open load file" file))) (let ((buffer 
(generate-new-buffer " *load*")) (load-in-progress t) (source 
(string-suffix-p ".el" fullname))) (unless nomessage (if source (message 
"Loading %s (source)..." file) (message "Loading %s..." file))) (when 
purify-flag (push (purecopy file) preloaded-file-list)) (unwind-protect 
(let ((load-true-file-name fullname) (load-file-name fullname) 
(set-auto-coding-for-load t) (inhibit-file-name-operation nil) 
shorthands) (with-current-buffer buffer (set-buffer-multibyte t) (let 
(deactivate-mark) (insert-file-contents fullname)) (setq shorthands (and 
hack-read-symbol-shorthands-function (funcall 
hack-read-symbol-shorthands-function))) (if (and 
enable-multibyte-characters (or (eq (coding-system-type 
last-coding-system-used) 'raw-text))) (set-buffer-multibyte nil)) 
(set-buffer-modified-p nil)) (let ((read-symbol-shorthands shorthands)) 
(if eval-function (funcall eval-function buffer (if dump-mode file 
fullname)) (eval-buffer buffer nil (if dump-mode file fullname) nil 
t)))) (let (kill-buffer-hook kill-buffer-query-functions) (kill-buffer 
buffer))) (do-after-load-evaluation fullname) (unless (or nomessage 
noninteractive) (if source (message "Loading %s (source)...done" file) 
(message "Loading %s...done" file))) t))
load-with-code-conversion("/app/emacs/lisp/progmodes/prog-mode.el" 
"/app/emacs/lisp/progmodes/prog-mode.el" nil nil)
   load("progmodes/prog-mode")
   load("loadup.el")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (void-function treesit-parser-list)
make[1]: *** [Makefile:916: bootstrap-emacs.pdmp] Errore 255
make[1]: uscita dalla directory «/app/emacs/src»
make: *** [Makefile:544: src] Errore 2

[/code]

how can i solve it?

best regards