Subject: bug#6117: 24.0.50; dired-marked-face same as dired-flagged-face

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 21:16:12 +0300

> There is definitely a difference, even for you, between * and D marks.
> Commands such as B, C, and M have no effect on D marks (flags), but they
> do affect * marks.

I meant that the difference between marking and flagging is artificial.
There are just different keys to do the same: `D' for marked "*" files,
and `x' for flagged "D" files.

> * and D have different behavior and they should definitely have
> different faces with different default colors.

I don't oppose different default faces.  I only had a doubt if users
would like that.  However, when decided to use different faces,
I suggest to use the following default faces:

* for `dired-flagged' leave the current face unchanged, inherited
  from `font-lock-warning-face' just like `compilation-error';

* for `dired-marked' use the same face definition as for
  `compilation-warning'.  This face is closer to the current
  `font-lock-warning-face'.

-- 
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/