Subject: bug#61166: closed (Re: bug#61170: 29.0.60; python-ts-mode interferes with the major-mode of other files.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 14:53:02 +0000

Your bug report

#61166: 29.0.60; python-ts-mode interferes with the major-mode of other files.

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
61166: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=61166
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#61170: 29.0.60; python-ts-mode interferes with the major-mode of other files.
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: xiliuya <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 16:51:51 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: xiliuya <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 22:16:56 +0800
> 
> > I think this problem was fixed 2 days ago, so please update from Git
> > and try again.
> 
> You’re right. The update solved the problem. Thank you very much for your help.

Thanks, I'm therefore closing this bug.

Subject: 29.0.60; python-ts-mode interferes with the major-mode of other files.
From: xiliuya <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 23:36:03 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

My operations are as follows:
 1. opening a python script.
 2. switching to python-ts-mode.
 3. opening an el file.

And then the major-mode of the el file became python-ts-mode.
I’ve tested it under ’emacs -Q’, and it will come up.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 5, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.36, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2023-01-26 built on xiliuya-pc
Repository revision: af28191b04fa3e70caeea83c1c8a6c16a57adece
Repository branch: makepkg
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-modules --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --without-gconf
 --with-native-compilation=yes --with-xinput2 --with-pgtk
 --without-xaw3d --with-sound=no --with-tree-sitter --without-gpm
 --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER
WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: zh_CN.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  dimmer-mode: t
  default-text-scale-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  mode-line-bell-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  whole-line-or-region-global-mode: t
  whole-line-or-region-local-mode: t
  hes-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  global-whitespace-cleanup-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  projectile-rails-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  ipretty-mode: t
  auto-compile-on-load-mode: t
  auto-compile-on-save-mode: t
  immortal-scratch-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  mu4e-column-faces-mode: t
  diredfl-global-mode: t
  org-roam-db-autosync-mode: t
  pyim-isearch-mode: t
  evil-escape-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/xiliuya/.emacs.d/elpa-29.0/protobuf-mode-20221213.3/protobuf-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/protobuf-mode
/home/xiliuya/.emacs.d/elpa-29.0/transient-20230124.2013/transient hides /usr/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/transient
/home/xiliuya/.emacs.d/lisp/erc-sasl hides /usr/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/erc/erc-sasl

Features:
(shadow rainbow-mode help-fns radix-tree sdcv pos-tip popup showtip pyim
pyim-cloudim pyim-probe pyim-preview pyim-page posframe pyim-indicator
pyim-autoselector pyim-process pyim-punctuation pyim-outcome
pyim-candidates pyim-codes pyim-entered kind-icon svg-lib
consult-vertico consult emacsbug epa-file executable dimmer face-remap
default-text-scale recentf tree-widget orderless vertico marginalia
winner windswap info-colors checkdoc disp-table org-mpv-notes mpv tq
org-timer org-modern org-indent oc-basic ol-eww eww url-queue mm-url
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi protobuf-mode cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs vc-svn corfu anzu eglot
external-completion array jsonrpc ert debug backtrace vc-git vc-darcs
yasnippet-snippets yasnippet elisp-slime-nav etags fileloop xref paredit
aggressive-indent highlight-quoted package-lint-flymake package-lint
let-alist imenu finder hideshow flymake-flycheck flycheck flymake-proc
flymake display-line-numbers display-fill-column-indicator
rainbow-delimiters symbol-overlay bug-reference goto-addr savehist
elec-pair delsel autorevert filenotify so-long mode-line-bell
page-break-lines whole-line-or-region highlight-escape-sequences
which-key diminish whitespace-cleanup-mode whitespace diff-hl log-view
pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher diff-mode projectile-rails rake f
f-shortdoc s inflections inf-ruby ruby-mode smie autoinsert projectile
skeleton find-dired lisp-mnt grep compile ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs ipretty auto-compile immortal-scratch uptimes server
init init-local init-mu4e authinfo cl mu4e-column-faces inline cus-edit
cus-load mu4e mu4e-org mu4e-main mu4e-view gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo
parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader
range wid-edit mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions
mu4e-search mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark mu4e-message shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg xml dom flow-fill mule-util hl-line
mu4e-contacts mu4e-update mu4e-folders mu4e-server mu4e-context
mu4e-vars mu4e-helpers mu4e-config bookmark pp ido message yank-media
puny dired-x diredfl dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader smtpmail
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
trans-rpc gif-screencast erc-sasl erc-backend erc-common erc-compat
org-roam-migrate org-roam-log org-roam-mode org-roam-capture org-roam-id
org-roam-node org-roam-db org-roam-utils org-roam-compat org-roam
org-capture org-element org-persist xdg avl-tree generator org-attach
org-id org-refile ob-sqlite ob-sql ob-shell ob-ruby ob-python python
project treesit ob-plantuml ob-octave ob-latex ob-gnuplot ob-dot
ob-ditaa ob-R org-clock org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote
org-faces org-entities time-date noutline outline ob-emacs-lisp ob-core
ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc
org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-version
org-compat org-macs emacsql-sqlite emacsql emacsql-compiler
magit-section benchmark format-spec compat dash pyim-cregexp-utils
pyim-dhashcache sort pyim-cstring async pyim-cregexp xr pyim-imobjs
pyim-pinyin pyim-dcache pyim-pymap pyim-scheme pyim-common pyim-basedict
pyim-dict evil-escape pcase evil evil-keybindings evil-integration
evil-maps evil-commands reveal evil-jumps evil-command-window
evil-search evil-ex shell pcomplete comint ansi-osc evil-types
evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core advice evil-common
windmove calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs thingatpt rect evil-digraphs
evil-vars ring edmacro kmacro init-locales session
sanityinc-tomorrow-bright-theme color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow color
init-direnv init-ledger init-dash init-folding init-misc
init-common-lisp init-clojure-cider init-clojure init-slime init-lisp
init-paredit init-nix init-terraform init-docker init-yaml init-toml
init-rust init-nim init-j init-ocaml init-sql init-rails init-ruby
init-purescript init-elm init-haskell init-python reformatter ansi-color
init-http init-haml init-css init-html init-nxml init-org init-php
init-javascript easy-mmode init-erlang erlang-start init-csv
init-markdown init-textile init-crontab init-compile init-projectile
init-github init-git init-darcs init-vc init-whitespace
init-editing-utils init-mmm mmm-auto mmm-vars mmm-utils mmm-compat
init-sessions desktop frameset init-windows init-corfu
init-hippie-expand init-minibuffer init-recentf init-eglot init-flymake
init-ibuffer ibuf-macs init-uniquify init-grep init-isearch init-dired
init-gui-frames init-osx-keys init-themes init-xterm init-frame-hooks
init-exec-path exec-path-from-shell init-elpa fullframe finder-inf
scratch-autoloads rainbow-delimiters-autoloads origami-autoloads
message-view-patch-autoloads disable-mouse-autoloads
rainbow-mode-autoloads cljsbuild-mode-autoloads diff-hl-autoloads
nix-buffer-autoloads valign-autoloads quick-peek-autoloads
orderless-autoloads embark-consult-autoloads dotenv-mode-autoloads
affe-autoloads org-modern-autoloads symbol-overlay-autoloads
docker-compose-mode-autoloads ac-emoji-autoloads auto-complete-autoloads
diredfl-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads elein-autoloads fullframe-autoloads
sdcv-autoloads popup-autoloads nix-sandbox-autoloads
dune-format-autoloads nixos-options-autoloads
exec-path-from-shell-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads
js-comint-autoloads json-mode-autoloads json-snatcher-autoloads
org-msg-autoloads crontab-mode-autoloads flycheck-clojure-autoloads
color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow-autoloads prettier-js-autoloads
all-the-icons-autoloads elisp-slime-nav-autoloads bundler-autoloads
windswap-autoloads package-lint-flymake-autoloads package-lint-autoloads
sass-mode-autoloads showtip-autoloads diminish-autoloads
aggressive-indent-autoloads elm-test-runner-autoloads forge-autoloads
yasnippet-snippets-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads gnuplot-autoloads
gnu-elpa-keyring-update-autoloads cl-libify-autoloads
bug-reference-github-autoloads git-link-autoloads dimmer-autoloads
psci-autoloads purescript-mode-autoloads pip-requirements-autoloads
coffee-mode-autoloads elm-mode-autoloads unfill-autoloads
cask-mode-autoloads ledger-mode-autoloads consult-eglot-autoloads
css-eldoc-autoloads writeroom-mode-autoloads
visual-fill-column-autoloads haml-mode-autoloads htmlize-autoloads
magit-todos-autoloads pcre2el-autoloads
highlight-escape-sequences-autoloads ibuffer-vc-autoloads
ipretty-autoloads j-mode-autoloads httprepl-autoloads
list-unicode-display-autoloads nix-mode-autoloads
flycheck-relint-autoloads relint-autoloads flymake-flycheck-autoloads
rspec-mode-autoloads protobuf-mode-autoloads restclient-autoloads
page-break-lines-autoloads shfmt-autoloads session-autoloads
dune-autoloads pyim-autoloads nginx-mode-autoloads paredit-autoloads
marginalia-autoloads nixpkgs-fmt-autoloads mode-line-bell-autoloads
kind-icon-autoloads terraform-mode-autoloads hcl-mode-autoloads
add-node-modules-path-autoloads format-all-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads
bongo-autoloads smarty-mode-autoloads language-id-autoloads
highlight-quoted-autoloads sudo-edit-autoloads flycheck-ledger-autoloads
org-transclusion-autoloads yapfify-autoloads yari-autoloads
annalist-autoloads org-cliplink-autoloads
whitespace-cleanup-mode-autoloads psc-ide-autoloads
ibuffer-projectile-autoloads dockerfile-mode-autoloads envrc-autoloads
flycheck-rust-autoloads erlang-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads
embark-autoloads nim-mode-autoloads flycheck-nimsuggest-autoloads
consult-flycheck-autoloads consult-autoloads svg-lib-autoloads
move-dup-autoloads docker-autoloads aio-autoloads tuareg-autoloads
caml-autoloads projectile-rails-autoloads rake-autoloads f-autoloads
projectile-autoloads ruby-compilation-autoloads vlf-autoloads
pyim-basedict-autoloads info-colors-autoloads github-review-autoloads
a-autoloads mmm-mode-autoloads yagist-autoloads yard-mode-autoloads
ghub-autoloads treepy-autoloads uptimes-autoloads cider-autoloads
sesman-autoloads queue-autoloads parseedn-autoloads parseclj-autoloads
clojure-mode-autoloads robe-autoloads inf-ruby-autoloads
default-text-scale-autoloads org-roam-ui-autoloads websocket-autoloads
tagedit-autoloads s-autoloads github-clone-autoloads magit-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads with-editor-autoloads gh-autoloads
marshal-autoloads ht-autoloads logito-autoloads pcache-autoloads
ruby-hash-syntax-autoloads toml-mode-autoloads
mu4e-column-faces-autoloads flycheck-nim-autoloads xref-js2-autoloads
spinner-autoloads corfu-autoloads inheritenv-autoloads
regex-tool-autoloads flycheck-autoloads skewer-less-autoloads
skewer-mode-autoloads js2-mode-autoloads simple-httpd-autoloads
color-theme-sanityinc-solarized-autoloads git-timemachine-autoloads
auto-compile-autoloads pos-tip-autoloads yaml-autoloads
rust-mode-autoloads typescript-mode-autoloads dhall-mode-autoloads
posframe-autoloads org-download-autoloads async-autoloads
sqlformat-autoloads reformatter-autoloads xr-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads git-blamed-autoloads textile-mode-autoloads
rg-autoloads wgrep-autoloads transient-autoloads org-pomodoro-autoloads
alert-autoloads log4e-autoloads gntp-autoloads git-modes-autoloads
org-mpv-notes-autoloads mpv-autoloads cape-autoloads
multiple-cursors-autoloads inline-docs-autoloads vertico-autoloads
anzu-autoloads avy-autoloads slime-autoloads macrostep-autoloads
closql-autoloads browse-kill-ring-autoloads evil-escape-autoloads
evil-autoloads goto-chg-autoloads which-key-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads
epl-autoloads org-roam-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
emacsql-sqlite-autoloads emacsql-autoloads dash-autoloads
inflections-autoloads hl-todo-autoloads switch-window-autoloads
vc-darcs-autoloads php-mode-autoloads epc-autoloads ctable-autoloads
concurrent-autoloads deferred-autoloads immortal-scratch-autoloads
command-log-mode-autoloads whole-line-or-region-autoloads
commenter-autoloads tablist-autoloads compat-autoloads info
company-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio
eieio-core password-cache json map byte-opt url-vars init-site-lisp
init-utils init-benchmarking derived comp comp-cstr warnings icons
subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode cl-loaddefs cl-lib
bytecomp byte-compile early-init china-util rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1302473 371330)
 (symbols 48 76433 15)
 (strings 32 595811 17462)
 (string-bytes 1 11090357)
 (vectors 16 104288)
 (vector-slots 8 14457574 465100)
 (floats 8 1925 1745)
 (intervals 56 27192 3961)
 (buffers 984 43))

-- 
xiliuya :)