Subject: bug#61162: 30.0.50; RET in source files that are being displayed by gud no longer works

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2023 15:18:21 +0200

> From: Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 15:18:15 -0500
> 
> > If you can find a fix on master, patches would be very welcome.
> > Failing that, I might eventually decide to revert that commit on
> > master as well.  There's a limit to the efforts I'm prepared to sink
> > into maintaining what is basically an obsolete package which uses a
> > GDB feature that GDB developers consider obsolete and may remove any
> > day (why don't you use "M-x gdb" instead?).
> 
> I always use "M-x gud-gdb" because, historically, "M-x gdb" didn't
> support multiple simultaneous gdb sessions.  If this is no longer the
> case, I will see if I can change my habits.

This is no longer the case, if it ever was.  What exactly didn't work
for you when you tried several simultaneous sessions?  The buffer
where you type GDB commands is named "*gud-PROGRAM*", so you have
separate buffers for different sessions.  And if you start each one
from a separate Emacs frame, you should be able to have separate
multi-window configurations (see gdb-many-windows) for each session.