Subject: bug#61155: 29.0.60; build failures tree sitter

From: John <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 21:00:07 +0000

For the last couple of days I have been unable to build emacs-29
branch; error messages  are

In toplevel form:
cedet/semantic/wisent/python.el:30:2: Error: Symbol’s function definition is void: treesit-parser-list
make[3]: *** [Makefile:332: cedet/semantic/wisent/python.elc] Error 1"
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/jpff/GNU/emacs/lisp'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:366: compile-main] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/jpff/GNU/emacs/lisp'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:533: lisp] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/jpff/GNU/emacs'
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/jpff/GNU/emacs'
***
*** "make all" failed with exit status 2.
***
*** You could try to:
*** - run "make bootstrap", which might fix the problem
*** - run "make V=1", which displays the full commands invoked by make,
***   to further investigate the problem
***
make[1]: *** [Makefile:414: advice-on-failure] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/jpff/GNU/emacs'

I do not have any tree-sitter code.  "make bootstrap" appears to work
but every day it takes too much time.  I read tat tree-sitter as not
necessary but this seems to contradict

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.34, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-01-29 built on xenakis
Repository revision: 9058601308db4892fbc3e599b83fe4326fef9886
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12003000
System Description: openSUSE Leap 15.4

Configured using:
 'configure --without-gnutls'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBSELINUX
LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP SOUND
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow flyspell mailalias mailcrypt mail-extr comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring ispell emacsbug message yank-media dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie rx generate-lisp-file url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core json map byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls puny dig
mailcap mml-sec password-cache epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev easy-mmode nnheader
gnus-util text-property-search cl-seq time-date range gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail derived rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils delsel cus-load image-file image-converter crypt
crypt++ crypt+pgp-pub subr-x cl-macs inline gv pcase cl-loaddefs
cl-lib view mule-util cal-china cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew
cal-julian lunar solar cal-dst appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs holidays
holiday-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs time rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win
x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray
oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face
macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 283544 24009)
 (symbols 48 13303 0)
 (strings 32 31969 1914)
 (string-bytes 1 1087000)
 (vectors 16 12559)
 (vector-slots 8 238338 10350)
 (floats 8 531 706)
 (intervals 56 507 0)
 (buffers 976 12))

==John ffitch