Subject: bug#61152: closed (Re: bug#61152: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Mention soffice in DocView info)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 17:03:02 +0000

Your bug report

#61152: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Mention soffice in DocView info

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
61152: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=61152
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#61152: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Mention soffice in DocView info
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 19:02:06 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 17:24:39 +0100
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Thanks, but how about just removing that footnote entirely?  Is it
> > really needed in our manual?
> 
> Rereading it, I think that yes it could go away.  It would only grow
> overtime, the next footnote talks about the needing for external tools
> and those details are better explained in DocView customizations.  Do
> you want me to prepare this other patch?

No need, I just installed such a change.

Thanks.

Subject: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Mention soffice in DocView info
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 16:49:45 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Here is simple documentation fix.

>From a626e8fc9e0edcb9defdd7dcaf92cae4f6aad147 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 16:44:06 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] Mention soffice in DocView info

* doc/emacs/misc.texi (Document View): mention soffice as it is
the default converter now.
---
 doc/emacs/misc.texi | 6 +++---
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/emacs/misc.texi b/doc/emacs/misc.texi
index 3ee8ee5ee39..14bcebb9625 100644
--- a/doc/emacs/misc.texi
+++ b/doc/emacs/misc.texi
@@ -472,9 +472,9 @@ Document View
 @command{pdfdraw}/@command{mutool draw} (MuPDF) commands and other
 external tools @footnote{PostScript files require GhostScript, DVI
 files require @code{dvipdf} or @code{dvipdfm}, OpenDocument and
-Microsoft Office documents require the @code{unoconv} tool, and EPUB,
-CBZ, FB2, XPS and OXPS files require @code{mutool} to be available.},
-and displaying those images.
+Microsoft Office documents require @code{soffice} or the
+@code{unoconv} tool, and EPUB, CBZ, FB2, XPS and OXPS files require
+@code{mutool} to be available.}, and displaying those images.
 
 @findex doc-view-toggle-display
 @findex doc-view-minor-mode
-- 
2.39.0

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.2, cairo version
 1.17.6) of 2023-01-27 built on computer
Repository revision: d865e18096856af4014df69790120bf30dd17545
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.2 GENERIC.MP#933 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs --bindir=/home/manuel/bin
 --with-x-toolkit=no --without-sound --without-compress-install
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  gnus-dired-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-0.10.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.3.7/transient hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug whitespace magit-patch magit-extras texinfo
texinfo-loaddefs face-remap magit-bookmark magit-submodule
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff
smerge-mode diff git-commit log-edit add-log magit-core magit-autorevert
magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor magit-mode
transient magit-git magit-section cl-print doctor help-fns magit-utils
dash sort find-dired modus-operandi-tinted-theme misearch multi-isearch
pulse pdf-virtual pdf-sync pdf-loader ert ewoc pdf-links pdf-tools
pdf-isearch let-alist tablist pdf-misc pdf-view pdf-cache pdf-info tq
pdf-util pdf-macs pdf-tools-autoloads warnings tablist-filter
semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local cedet tablist-autoloads loaddefs-gen lisp-mnt
radix-tree tar-mode mm-archive network-stream url-cache url-http
url-auth url-gw nsm finder-inf w3m-cookie ffap w3m-form textsec
uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check
w3m-symbol w3m-filter w3m-search w3m-bookmark w3m-tabmenu w3m-session
w3m w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-favicon w3m-image tab-line
w3m-proc w3m-util cal-move ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs org-indent
org-element org-persist org-id org-refile avl-tree oc-basic ol-eww
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview ol-bibtex
bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi css-mode sgml-mode facemenu
imenu eww xdg url-queue mm-url bug-reference emacs-news-mode vc-cvs
vc-rcs log-view pcvs-util pascal doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif
vc-hg conf-mode sh-script smie treesit executable autorevert filenotify
vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher vc-svn gnus-dired paredit edmacro time
battery exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm-config exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms
xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render exwm-layout
exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto xcb-types
xcb-debug kmacro server stimmung-themes modus-operandi-theme
modus-themes ytdious osm mingus libmpdee reporter edebug debug backtrace
transmission diary-lib diary-loaddefs color calc-bin calc-ext calc
calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs w3m-load mu4e mu4e-org mu4e-main mu4e-view
mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions smtpmail mu4e-search
mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark mu4e-message flow-fill mule-util
hl-line mu4e-contacts mu4e-update mu4e-folders mu4e-server mu4e-context
mu4e-vars mu4e-helpers mu4e-config bookmark ido supercite regi
ebdb-message ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail
yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range
mm-util mail-prsvr ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev
eieio-opt cl-extra help-mode speedbar ezimage dframe eieio-base pcase
timezone org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces
org-entities ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol
org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs visual-basic-mode
cl web-mode derived disp-table erlang-start smart-tabs-mode skeleton
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf grep slime-tramp tramp rx tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration cus-edit cus-load wid-edit files-x
tramp-compat shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp
format-spec slime-fancy slime-indentation slime-cl-indent cl-indent
slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree advice slime-scratch slime-presentations
bridge slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
apropos compile text-property-search etags fileloop generator xref
project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline icons pp comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt slime-autoloads dired-aux dired-x
dired dired-loaddefs notifications dbus xml repeat easy-mmode desktop
frameset stimmung-themes-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads ebdb-autoloads
magit-autoloads debbugs-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads ef-themes-autoloads with-editor-autoloads
paredit-autoloads dash-autoloads ytdious-autoloads
transmission-autoloads transient-autoloads exwm-autoloads
hyperbole-autoloads detached-autoloads info package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1149738 175261)
 (symbols 48 72264 3)
 (strings 32 292935 14926)
 (string-bytes 1 8407617)
 (vectors 16 155858)
 (vector-slots 8 2925601 93770)
 (floats 8 708 349)
 (intervals 56 19227 1934)
 (buffers 984 104))

-- 
Manuel Giraud