Subject: bug#61151: 30.0.50; sqlite-more-p is confusing

From: Helmut Eller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 15:52:34 +0100

This code

  (let* ((db (sqlite-open))
         (stmt (sqlite-select db "values ('a',0), ('b',1)" nil 'set))
         (rows '()))
    (while (sqlite-more-p stmt)
      (push (sqlite-next stmt) rows))
    rows)

returns: (nil ("b" 1) ("a" 0))

I would expect: (("b" 1) ("a" 0))

I think it would be more natural, if sqlite-more-p would return false
before sqlite-next returns nil the first time.

Helmut

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.35, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-01-29 built on caladan
Repository revision: 254c75fc2935e7edef079166d90b231278115a2f
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-xpm=ifavailable --with-jpeg=ifavailable
 --with-gif=ifavailable --with-tiff=ifavailable'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBSELINUX
LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP SOUND
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 GTK3
ZLIB