Subject: [bug#61117] Update svtplay-dl to 4.18

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 13:33:44 +0100

Jessica,

Jessica Tallon 写道：
> I've attached a patch to upgrade svtplay-dl from 4.17 to 4.18.

Thanks!

> I've also moved ffmpeg form inputs to propagated-inputs

Please avoid propagation whenever possible; it breaks all kinds of 
nice things.

Propagating A from B means that Guix will effectively ‘install’ A 
alongside B when the user installs only B.  Or how classical 
package managers bluntly handle ‘dependencies’.  Not good!

Here's what I'd do instead [untested]:

    (arguments
     (list #:phases
           #~(modify-phases %standard-phases
               (add-after 'wrap 'wrap-harder
                 (lambda* (#:key inputs outputs 
                 #:allow-other-keys)
                   (wrap-script (string-append (assoc-ref outputs 
                   "out")
                                               "/bin/svtplay-dl")
                     `("PATH" ":" prefix
                       (,(dirname (search-input-file inputs
                                                     "bin/ffmpeg"))))))))))
    (native-inputs (list guile-3.0))    ; for wrap-script

> it's needed while the program is 
> running to merge two files, not while building.

So 4.17 did not need or use ffmpeg this way?

Otherwise, put each unrelated changes into a separate commit: one 
to improve the ffmpeg situation, and one to update svtplay-dl. 
You can send multiple related commits as one patch series to one 
bug number, though.

Kind regards,

T G-R