Subject: [bug#61082] [PATCH] gnu: emacs-pulseaudio-control: Update to 34a61143.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 17:30:06 +0100

Hello,

conses <[email-masked]> writes:

> Because this might have been needed when the package didn't allow
> the pactl executable path to be found dynamically, but as per
> https://github.com/flexibeast/pulseaudio-control/commit/c8640fceb530ab7a1aa551d70f7ee222147d95cf
> this is no longer needed.

I don't think

  (or (executable-find "pactl") "/usr/bin/pactl")

is equivalent to

  (search-input-file inputs "/bin/pactl")

Some Emacs packages remove those `executable-find' calls, e.g.,
emacs-nov-el, emacs-emacsql-sqlite3, emacs-telega, etc.

It does make sense to keep this phase (but you can remove the initial
chmod call and the final #T), unless I'm missing something. We want the
Emacs package to always refer to its own Pulseaudio input, don't we?

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou