Subject: [bug#61078] [PATCH 0/4] Rename '/fixed' by '/pinned'

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2023 10:28:44 +0100

On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 at 23:46, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Should we also add:
>
>   (define-deprecated/public-alias git-minimal/fixed git-minimal/pinned)
>
> and similarly for the other patches?

Done in v2 except for samba.  The rename reads,

    samba/fixed         -> samba-pinned
    samba/fixed-patched -> samba/fixed

Well, the symbol samba/fixed still exists so I do not know how to
deprecate it.  At worse, people relying on the symbol samba/fixed will
get an newer version of Samba (v4.15.13 instead of v4.15.3).  It appears
fine to me.

> Seems like it would be safer and we can remove it later (a couple of
> months may be enough).

Well, couple of months or early if something needs a graft – I added a
comment.

Cheers,
simon