Subject: Re: bug#61062: 29.0.60; Split Outline Mode node to Outline Minor Mode node

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 10:15:37 +0200

> From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 09:56:52 +0200
> 
> Another question that I'm not sure about is whether it makes sense to
> mention all outline-minor-mode supported modes in etc/NEWS?  I mean
> that we prepared outline-minor-mode related settings in some modes,
> but not enabled outline-minor-mode in these modes.
> 
> For example, we set such values as outline-search-function,
> outline-level, outline-minor-mode-use-buttons, etc.
> in apropos-mode and xref.  So the users could easily enable
> outline-minor-mode in these modes, and it will work
> without additional customization.
> 
> Does it make sense to list these modes in etc/NEWS, so users will know
> where they can enable outline-minor-mode?  Probably support for
> apropos-mode could be mentioned under the section Help mode,
> and outline-minor-mode for xref under the section Xref?

If the list is not too long, I think listing those modes in NEWS would
be useful.

> BTW, it looks like more links could be added to the manual:

Adding cross-references is always a Good Thing, thanks.  The only
situation where such cross-references could be inappropriate is if
some prior text in the same node and close enough already has a
cross-reference to the same place.  In all other cases, such
cross-references are most welcome.